Scholarship Description: The AU Emerging Global Leader Scholarship is targeted to high-achieving international students for one year scholarship who wish to pursue a Bachelor’s Degree in the US and who are dedicated to positive civic and social change. It is intended for students who will be to returning home to improve under-resourced, underserved communities in his/her home country.
Scholarship Provider: American University
Degree Level: Bachelor Degree
Number of Scholarship: 1 scholarship available
Application deadline: December 15, 2018
Scholarship Benefit: The one year scholarship worth $4000 for the awarded student from any region across the world.
We recommend the following fully funded scholarships for you
- PhD fully-funded scholarship at the Cambridge University
- Skoll MBA Scholarship at Said Business for International Students – UK
- Scholarship America Dream Award
- ETH Zurich Excellence Masters Scholarships
- 2019 Faculty of Health Science Deans International Scholarship at the University of Sydney
Scholarship Value: The AU EGL scholarship covers all billable AU expenses (full tuition, room and board) for one international student who will need a visa (preferably an F-1 or J-1 student visa) to study in the United States. The scholarship does not cover non-billable expenses such as mandatory health insurance, books, airline tickets and miscellaneous expenses (approximately U.S.$4,000 per year).
Eligibility Nationalities: The one year scholarship is targeted to international students from any country who are not U.S. citizens, U.S. permanent residents, or dual citizens of the U.S. and another country.
Preference will be given to:
- International students who have overcome various obstacles and challenges as well as those from diverse and underrepresented global and socioeconomic backgrounds.
- A minimum 3.8 GPA equivalent (or in the top 10% of graduating class) for 9th-12th grades.
- A demonstrated commitment to leadership, volunteerism, community service and to advancing the needs of people in their home country.
- Students with a 95+ TOEFL iBT, 7.0+ IELTS, 600+ paper-based TOEFL (taken on or prior to May 31, 2017), or sub-scores of 24+ on the paper-based TOEFL (Taken after 31 May 2017).
- Students who are still enrolled in secondary/high school and graduating by June 2019.
- Important: Students in the IB system should plan to graduate with a full IB diploma with at lease 3 HL subjects. Students studying in the British A-Levels system must complete at least 3 A levels and finish 13 years of study before August 2019.
You are NOT eligible to apply if:
– You are a U.S. citizen, U.S. permanent resident, or dual citizen of the U.S. and another country.
– You are enrolled in or have already begun any post-secondary studies at another university in your home country or the United States.
– You graduated secondary school earlier than 2017.