The United Health Foundation (UHF) call for an international student who is interested in Medical school scholarship to apply for this program worth $7000. In 2013, the United Health Foundation (UHF) has partnered with National Medical Fellowships (NMF) to offer the Diverse Medical School Scholarship Program. This is a service-learning program designed to increase the number of qualified medical providers who have a commitment to improving access to quality healthcare in medically underserved communities.
This medical school scholarship program is a renewal scholarship that provides a $7,000 award to thirty-two (32) qualified medical students. All Scholars are required to complete a 200-hour self-directed community health project at the community site of their choice. Selected Scholars will be enrolled in a medical school located in the U.S., be a member of an underrepresented minority group, and have demonstrated leadership and a commitment to underserved communities.
This application is available online at www.nmf.fluidreview.com, from August 15 – October 1, 2018.
NMF Scholar Alcha Strane was recently interviewed for UHF outreach! To read more, click here.
Program Eligibility for the Medical School Scholarship
UHF Scholar candidates must meet the following eligibility:
- Proof of U.S. citizenship or Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) approval letter
- Currently enrolled in an accredited medical school located in the U.S.
- Identification with one of the following minority groups: African American, Latino, Native American, or Asian Americans (Vietnamese and Cambodian only)
- Demonstrated leadership early in career
- Commitment to serving medically underserved communities
Scholars will be required to complete their program requirements between December 2018 and June 2019. Program requirements include:
- 200 service-learning hours at community site of choice located in an underserved community
- Orientation Participation
- Written Report on Community Health
- PowerPoint Creation and Oral Presentation (4th Year Medical Students Only)
- Poster Creation/Presentation
- UHF Forum in Washington, D.C. (June 9-12, 2019)
- Program Culminating Event Participation (June 12, 2019)
- Evaluation – Pre- and Post-Program Surveys (Scholar & Mentor)
We recommend the following scholarships for you
- Scholarship America Dream Award
- ETH Zurich Excellence Masters Scholarships
- 2019 Faculty of Health Science Deans International Scholarship at the University of Sydney
- Japanese Government Scholarships for International Students