The Faculty of Graduate and Postdoctoral Studies is offering up to 50 new Affiliated Fellowships Doctoral Program for full-time study and/or research leading to a graduate degree. All students regardless of citizenship are eligible to apply.
Scholarship Provider: The University of British Columbia, commonly referred to as UBC, is a public research university with campuses and facilities in British Columbia, Canada
English is the primary language of instruction at UBC. All prospective students are required to demonstrate a minimum level of English before they’re admitted.
Degree Level: Fellowships are available for full-time study and/or research leading to a graduate degree.
Available Subject: With the exception of those program listed below, students in all fields of graduate study are eligible to apply. Exceptions:
- Master of Business Administration
- Master of Management
- Master of Engineering (in Faculty of Applied Science)
- Doctor of Pharmacy
Scholarship Benefits: Fellowship values range from $175 to $30,000, but most are in the range of $16,000
Eligible Nationalities: All students regardless of citizenship are eligible to apply.
Entrance Requirements: To be eligible, applicants must have completed, as of December 31, 2018, between zero and 12 months of full-time studies (or full-time equivalent) in:
- The master’s program for which they are requesting funding; or
- The doctoral program for which they are requesting funding if they were admitted into a doctoral program directly from their bachelor’s program (they were never registered in a master’s program, or are registered in a combined Master’s-PhD program); or
- A master’s program, but are requesting funding for a doctoral program (an example is a student who is fast-tracked from a Master’s to a doctoral program within 12 months of starting their Master’s and is seeking funding for the first 12 months of their doctoral program).
We recommend the following scholarships for you
- Skoll MBA Scholarship at Said Business for International Students – UK
- Scholarship America Dream Award
- ETH Zurich Excellence Masters Scholarships
- 2019 Faculty of Health Science Deans International Scholarship at the University of Sydney
- Japanese Government Scholarships for International Students
Note: Students who are eligible for the Canada Graduate Scholarships-Master’s (CGS M) (such as Canadian citizens and permanent residents of Canada) are required to apply for CGS M. Students who submit a CGS M application to UBC are also considered for Affiliated Fellowship funding, and do not need to submit a separate Affiliated Fellowship application.
Affiliated Fellowship applicants (such as international students) must submit their application materials to their graduate program. The deadline by which applications for Master’s-level funding must be submitted to the applicant’s UBC graduate program is Saturday, December 1, 2018.
Many of the Affiliated Fellowships have no specific criteria (unrestricted), while many others have some affiliation or special research focus as part of their criteria (criteria-based). All graduate students in the Affiliated Fellowships competition are automatically considered for unrestricted awards. In order to be considered for any criteria-based awards, students are asked to:
- Review the list of criteria-based affiliated awards at the end of the application to determine if they meet any of these awards’ criteria
- Check in their Affiliated Fellowships application the award numbers of any and all criteria-based affiliated awards for which they are eligible
OFFICIAL WEBSITE – APPLY HERE
Application deadline: December 1, 2018